Karbonn Titanium S9 is a powerful SmartPhone from an India based company ‘Karbonn’. With 5.5 inch 720×1280 HD capacitive display powered by 1.2GHz processor alongside 1GB RAM and 13 Megapixel rear camera and 5 Megapixel front camera, it is a budget friendly smartphone. Due to new to the market and having MediaTek chipset, rooting and installing CWM recovery is a bit challenging task. In this article I am going to provide a step by step guide for rooting and installing CWM recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9.
How To Root Karbonn Titanium S9
- Charge your phone up to 90%
- Install drivers on your computer. If you can not find a suitable driver package, download from HERE.
- Enable USB debugging from Settings>Developer Options on your phone.
- Download MediaTek 6589 Rooting Package from HERE and extract it.
- Connect your phone to PC and open rooting package folder. Run ‘run.bat’ file as administrator by right clicking on it.
- A command window will appear and ask you to click any key to root. Click enter and wait till your phone is recognized. Your phone will be rooted within a few seconds and command prompt will ask you to reboot your phone by clicking ‘Enter’ button.Your phone has been rooted successfully. For confirmation download
- Your phone has been rooted successfully. For confirmation download Root Checker app from Google Play Store and check it.
Method 2 :
- If the above method fails, you can try this simple but paid method.
- Download and install FramaRoot app from Google Play Store. It is a paid version.
- Open FramaRoot app and select the Boromir Exploit method to root your phone.
- Your phone will be rooted successfully
- Restart you phone and again check root status by installing Root Checker.
How To Install CWM Recovery on Karbonn Titanium S9
- First extract boot.img from your stock ROM. If you do not know how to do that, download from HERE.
- Again enable USB debugging from Settings>Developer Options on your phone.
- Download MTKDroid Tools from HERE and extract it.
- Connect your Phone and launch application by double clicking on MTKDroidTools.exe file. A terminal will be opened up as below and your phone will be automatically detected by MTKDroidTools. If not, check USB drivers are installed properly or not.
- Go to ‘root, backup, recovery’ section (2nd Tab).
- Click on “To choose the boot.img file” and choose the previously downloaded boot.img file.
- A popup window will be opened up saying “To make CWM Recovery automatically”. Just click ‘Yes’. ‘Task is complete’ message will be shown in the right-hand side of the terminal. Your phone’s CWM recovery image has been created successfully.
- Open MTKdroidTools folder. You will see a new folder named ‘Recovery’ has been created inside it containing two files. Copy the file having term ‘Recovery’ in its name and paste it in the root of your phone SD storage. Do not keep it inside any folder.
- Disconnect the phone from PC. Download and Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools from Google Play Store. Open MobileUncle app and click on ‘Recovery Update’ option.
- You will see the recovery file you have pasted in the root of SD card is listed here. Just click on it and click ‘OK’. Now, choose ‘Reboot into recovery’. Your phone will be booted in new CWM Recovery mode.
This way, you can root and install CWM Recovery on your Karbonn Titanium S9. With rooted android phone having CWM recovery, you can enjoy several new features like accessing core files of your phone, apply custom ROMs, take regular backup of your phone etc.[Disclaimer: Flashing your phone always has risks if not done properly. I shall not be responsible for any damage. Do at your own risk.]
If you have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery, kindly let us know. It will help site’s users. Thank You. 🙂
Read Also – MIUI V5 Custom ROM for Karbonn Titanium S9