Domain specific email ID is an Email ID that ends with your domain name. Just like [email protected], you can set up domain specific Email ID for your domain (say xxx.com) as [email protected] People like to use Domain Specific Email ID, because it looks professional and it has some other benefits too, such as if you are applying for Adsense, your Domain Specific Email ID can help in approving faster due to its professional looks. Though most of the domain providers provide free email account with the domain purchase, but as a professional blogger or webmaster you need a user friendly Email account. With Google Apps it is possible to create a domain specific email ID, with which you can log in to your email account using Gmail. It is too easy to use and has lots of features. Though it has become a paid service now a days, but it has a lot of demands due to its functionality and features.
How to Setup Domain specific Email ID with Google Apps? A step by step tutorial.
- Go to Google Apps for Business Page Here
- Click on ‘Start Here’ on right top corner.
- Provide necessary information and proceed to next step
- Here you will be have to select the option ‘Actually, I own a domain that I’d like to use‘
- Provide your Domain Name (say xxx.com) and proceed to next step
- You will be redirected to Sign Up process for User Name
- Choose an User Name, provide Password, enter Captcha and all others necessary options.
- Click on ‘Accept and Sign Up‘
- You are done. Your domain specific Email ID ‘[email protected]‘ is ready to use.
You can try this full service for one month. After one month, if you are satisfied with the service, you may extend the service by paying $5/month or $50/year. Though this is a paid service, I recommend this because of its ultimate features.
There are some free services too, those will be discussed latter.